Policy: Role and Supervision of Medical Students
- Each medical student must be enrolled and in good standing in an accredited medical school. The TotalHealth Board of Directors may require documentation of the above.
- Each medical student must conduct himself/herself in the highest professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Medical students will be supervised by a licensed physician. Any questions regarding diagnoses or plan of treatment should be discussed with the on-site supervising physician.
- The level of responsibility accorded to each medical student will be determined by the on-site supervising physician.
- Each medical student will use and expand the existing charting system set up by TotalHealth to insure appropriate documentation and continuity of care.
- Each supervising physician must participate fully in the evaluation of medical students and in a timely fashion. Medical student evaluations will be forwarded to the on-site supervising physician for completion at the end of the medical student’s time of service.
- Each medical student will communicate any problems or difficulties while working in the clinic directly to the TotalHealth Board of Directors.
Jay Martin, MD President, TotalHealth